Followers

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sunday Drive

I decided to take Ethan on a drive today. I thought it would be fun to take a trip up through Provo Canyon and then take the Alpine Loop to Timp Cave. We drove all the to Heber City and then came back to the Alpine Loop which takes you past Sundance and into Aspen Grove. It was so beautiful. The leaves are just starting to change. This is my favorite time of year. It always seems so peaceful to be up in the crisp mountain air see all the many colors of the earth. Ethan even commented on it today. "Look mom, its pretty!" But the colors made me think of something of a poem my Grandma Florence wrote,

Autumn
Autumn moved in on Summer today.
He asked her to leave for he'd nowhere to stay.
So she packed up her things, like some sweet peas and such.
She had a long way to go, so she didn't take much.
Just the green from the leaves and a picnic or two-
She's done this before so she knew just what to do!
A meadowlark's song was tucked in her pocket,
Some corn tassel silk was saved in a locket.
She pinned a pink rose onto her lapel,
Though to pick the last one made her sad, I could tell.
She gave the lawn mower a last whirr as she left,
And the hedge watched her go, standing tall and bereft.
I thought Autumn would wait as she packed her green gown,
But that scoundrel was out, already painting the town!
She'll be sorely missed from the rumors I hear,
But I'm sure she'll come back, same time, next year!

Florece Scott
Sept. 25, 1987

Here are some of the pictures that made me think of it.


















On the way down from the canyon we decided to stop at Bridal Veil Falls. It was a little of a hike so Ethan made me carry him for most of it. But we got there and it was very pretty.

All in all we had a very enjoyable and relaxing Sunday. We spent some quality time together taking in all the beautiful things in this world that we so often take for granted.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Looks so pretty and like you two had a lot of fun! I'm sad you weren't feeling well on Saturday so we could see you both! Hopefully we can get together soon!

Ashlee said...

Wow! I'm impressed. You really are a blogger...you just can't stay away.
I'm glad you posted that poem..i like that one alot. the pics are so pretty. thanks
Love you

Julie said...

I love the pictures. You really do a good job. We have a photographer in the family. I have mine on the screensaver at school and they look really good. My ability is only the camera that I have.